Monday, October 28, 2013

WAHM

As of today, our family starts the new routine.  The one where we wake up around 6:45 on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays, and leave the house around 7:30 to drop off at the new daycare.  The one where I drive home, brew my coffee, and remotely access my PC at work.  The one where for three days a week, exact times don't matter as there are no trains to catch.  The one where maybe I'll be able to roast a whole chicken - with stuffing! - for the first time in years.

The one where two days a week, I'll leave the house by 6:20 to catch the last train south... and I won't head north again till after 5:00 pm.  The one where two days a week, I'll get home after the kids have had dinner... but the one where I know they are having fun at home with Grandma.

The one where I am kinda, sorta a work at home mom.  At least part of the week.