Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Why I'll Never Be a Great Mom

Bento Box Lunches.


 

Call me crazy, but I just don't see how any moms anywhere have enough time to make  such intricate lunches.  Lunches that are either going to be devoured without a second thought, or picked at because "Aw! I can't eat the bunny!" or "Ew! I don't like that food!"


Source: herblog.com via Chloe on Pinterest




 

When did packing a simple, healthy lunch stop being enough?


 

As it is, it takes me a good half an hour just packing a simple sandwich, cheese stick, juice box, yogurt and raisins.  Nate yells out almost every night, "What are you still doing in the kitchen?!"


 

"Oh nothing honey, just turning Laura's lunch into a man wearing a sombrero!"  Um... what?  No way.  I just don't get it.


Source: google.com via Sharon on Pinterest




 

There are many things about Pinterest that I love.  I love finding new recipes (that I may or may not try)!  I love pinning little ideas for birthday parties (that never wind up as fancy as I plan, and that's okay)!  I love adding pins for fabrics (for a home that I haven't yet decorated in nearly 10 years)!  Pinterest can be fun and silly and fabulous.  But I refuse to let it be intimidating.

So if Pinterest tells me I need to make deli meat sculptures every night to be a great mom, I think I'll just settle for being a good mom.  Thankyouverymuch.

If you're into turning colored rice into pandas for your kids, go crazy.  I'll be on the floor playing with puzzles and dollhouses while you're covered in broccoli dust in your kitchen.