Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Back to school

It's so funny, watching the Facebook feed blow up with back to school photos and stories.  Funny because I can't believe some of the kids I've loved for years are old enough for kindergarten, or even college in some cases!  Little cousins who sent me their kindergarten art projects to hang on my walls at college are now off to their own first dorms.  (Aside: I should have Laura send THEM some drawings for their walls!)

It's funny also because I am completely focused on Laura and Gavin's LAST day of school in less than a month.  October 2 will be their last day at the daycare that has brought so much drama to my life over the past 3 years.  I cannot WAIT to get out of this daycare.  I'll miss certain children and their moms, but we can always visit them.

I absolutely 100% will not miss the trashy owner, the rude office managers, the curriculum that I've never seen enacted.  I won't miss the director, the teachers, the tired classrooms.  Typing it all out, I can't believe we stayed at this daycare as long as we have.  But now that I have the last day of school on a calendar, I can't wait to get there!

And after a few weeks break from daycare during the month of October, I'm sure I'll be just as ready for Laura and Gavin's first day at their new school.  Maybe I'll even take pictures.