Tuesday, September 3, 2013

September

July was crazy and exciting and terrifying and all the things with finding ourselves pregnant with a third, buying a new house, and starting a new job.

August was hard and sad and frustrating with losing beloved family members, selling a house, not really knowing how to do the new job, and really feeling very pregnant and overwhelmed with a third.

So for September, I hope only for some positive outcomes.  Some showings on the house would be reassuring.  Some progress on the new job would be nice.  I'd love to feel like I'm not completely in over my ears here, adding a third child to our mix when Gavin is still so very... Gavin.  He is now able to get out of his crib, at 15 months old.

I watched on the video monitor how he calmly placed one foot through the crib slat onto the bookshelf, hoisted himself over the rail onto the top of the bookshelf, then shimmied onto the floor and out the door.  I curse the french door handles he has been able to open for months, and am planning where to move the bookshelf.  He spent the rest of the weekend napping (and roasting to death) in a fleece sleep sack, so he couldn't get footing on the shelf.

September: Please play nice.  I need a minute.