Friday, September 27, 2013

The Second Tri

What a whirlwind of a month it's been.  Last week, my coworkers and I put the final touches on an enormous new gallery at the museum that some of us (me included) have been working on for over seven years now. That's longer than I've been married, in case you're curious.  This has been a project that has followed me throughout my various roles at the museum, from intern to executive assistant to assistant collections manager (and now database administrator).  This new gallery is a really big deal, and it's been a big part of my life, and I am so, so, so proud of how it turned out.

[caption id="attachment_2389" align="aligncenter" width="300"]At the gallery opening gala At the gallery opening gala[/caption]

This weekend, we are moving into our new home. It's about an hour from the house we have shared since 2003, and it's both an emotional move... and a really exciting weekend for me! I'm a little nervous about all the change. Not only will we be an hour from friends, favorite grocery stores, comfortable routines... I'll also begin working from home three days a week. Yeah. SCARY!
IMG_3088[1]

But then take a look at this kitchen!!!  I'm dying and on my way to heaven.  I just can't wait to get started!  I plan to throw a pot of chili on the stove first thing tomorrow morning, as the UHaul and our friends (our dear, dear friends) arrive to move us in, college style with beer and pizza and the chili I cook in my new home.

So in pregnancy news, I've been at the funny point where I don't feel like crap all the time anymore, but I also don't really feel the baby move a whole lot.  If I slouch (which I do) I look more fat than pregnant.  And sometimes I have a hard time realizing what all is going on in there.  So it was a huge relief to go to my 16 week (plus 4 days) appointment this morning and hear that strong, constant galloping heartbeat from within my tummy.  And even more exciting was making the appointment for the 18-week anatomy scan on Monday the 7th!  In just over a week, we'll know just a little bit more about our newest family member.

In case you're curious, I'm really convinced this is a girl.