Thursday, November 8, 2012

Time for Tea

Is there anything better than a cup of tea?  I say yes: sharing a cup of tea makes a good thing something wonderful. 

 These tea cups were a shower gift from my SIL
The spoons were given to my great-grandmother by my great-grandfather,
probably never used, but then given to me on my wedding day.
 

My love of tea isn't a secret; I have been receiving gifts of tea cups, pots, spoons, creamers and sugar bowls for as long as I can remember.  I have an extensive collection.  Nate happened to be cleaning (what?!) on Saturday, and showed some tea cups to Laura:


N: Hey Cait, have you ever even used these? 
C: Um, those cups? In the china cabinet? No. It's not like I often have a chance to throw a tea party!
N: Hey Cait, do you realize you have a 2 1/2 year old daughter?
C: Um....

So Laura and I had an impromtu tea party Saturday morning, complete with hats, little sandwiches and cookies.







 I see many more tea parties in our future.