Monday, March 25, 2013

More About Running

I have so much to say, but so little time? motivation? something... to say it. So instead, I've blown up my blog with posts on running. Here's another, but please read! I could use some advice!

The Cherry Blossom 10 mile Race.

It's in two weeks, April 7th. I was hoping to be so much more prepared by now. In January, I got the flu. In February, I had shin splints. Now? I have a bad case of nerves.

And I have a decision to make. Do I try to out-think my brain and finish the ten mile race, running with fear that I won't make the time limit and will fail, cross the finish in the loser's bus?

Or do I drop to the 5k, rock the run with a sub-30 time... But feel like a quitter for not even trying the 10 mile race?

I've never in my life run more than 5 miles. I've never since January run more than 4 miles. So what's my answer?