Friday, February 28, 2014

(Almost) Done

Other than wanting to vacuum the entire house two or three times in a row, there's one thing left on my list of "things I must finish before the baby arrives."

I have to finish the blanket Laura is "making" the baby.  I put making in quotes, as she drew the picture, but really I'm making the blankie while she watches...  

I finished the blankie for Laura.  She's not expecting a blankie, but she was so sad to know I'd made blankies for two of her cousins but not for her.  So I pulled out all the stops, designing this special blankie.

And I refinished the blankie I had made for Gavin after he was born, adding a back and some border stitching.  His is much smaller than Laura's or the one for the new baby, but still handmade with love by mommy.

So now I'm down to this:
I now have all but two peacock wings scribbled in with stitching, and need to finish the last band of the rainbow.  I need to trace and stitch Laura's note to her new brother onto the back, then put it all together.  It'll take 3-4 hours of work...

But then?  I'll be done.  D-O-N-E.  DONE!  Done with my must-finish projects.  And beyond "over" being pregnant.  I'm not quite 39 weeks, and I know I should prepare myself for potentially three more weeks of baby growing.  But I can't.  I've gone, almost overnight, from "I'm actually feeling great!" to "OMG one more random contraction with no other action and I might cry."  I'm tired, enormous, in a constant state of Braxton-Hick ball of tight, queasy, short of breath, and starting to swell.  My lips are buzzing from lack of oxygen, and I'm just exhausted.

Come on baby.  I'm ready.