Monday, June 25, 2012

Body after baby



20120625-191210.jpg
Cute baby picture because yes.

It was pretty clear as Nate went off to work this morning in his last clean dress shirt, the one with the pinchy collar, that he could use a few more. So after I gave up on Gavin's nap, we were off to Marshalls.

I swore to myself walking in that I was only there for dress shirts. We'd be in and out of the store in no time. I wasn't shopping for myself. Besides, I don't know what size I am anyway!

Then I began to wonder: what size am I?! I have four shirts, three stretchy dresses, and three pairs of maternity pants that I've worn exclusively since May 18th, five and a half weeks ago. Maybe it was time for me to try on some clothes.

Here's what I learned:
1) I have no clue what's fashionable right now.
2) My boobs don't fit. Into anything.
3) I look ridiculous in maxi dresses.

I also learned that I can fit into a size 10 pant. It's not where I'd like to be, but not as scary as I'd feared. I found one dress for me (another cotton knit), and finally made my way to the men's dress shirts.

Upon arriving home, I ate a second lunch, half a cupcake, a rice crispie treat, and two Oreos. Clearly I could be a much smaller size very quickly if only I ate less stupidly and maybe got in some exercise. But at least now I have a starting point.

And Nate has two more days of shirts before he needs to pick up at the dry cleaner.

Linking up with Exploits of a Military Mama!