Monday, June 18, 2012

Thirty



20120618-122733.jpg
I'm thirty years old, as of Saturday. Thirty whole years. If I'm lucky, I'm a third of the way through my life.

Sometimes 30 seems so old. Wasn't I just in college like a year ago? And then sometimes I look at my two kids in the back of the minivan, and I feel like I'm too young to have all that.

And then sometimes it feels like I've been thirty for years already. After all, Nate and most of our friends are turning 34 this year. I'm very much the baby in the group. But the reality of actually being thirty hit me a little harder than I thought it would.

I met Nate just a few months shy of my 20th birthday. The entirety of my 20's was spent with Nate by my side, planning our future. And now here we are, together, with our beautiful family (and a minivan).

Hello, Thirties! What will you bring me?