Friday, April 12, 2013

Why I Blog

I freaked.out. the other day.  Completely, 100% lost my everything.  Over birthday party invitations.  And just when I thought I was going to ruin the birthday party and mess everything up and have the worst, uninspiring invitations ever, I dragged myself back to reality.

I read through my blog.  I pulled up the posts on the three birthday parties I've thrown so far, and read them.  I smiled as I remembered Laura's first, second and third birthdays.  I lovingly revisited her parties - and laughed when I remembered how difficult it has been for me to find invitations for her birthdays, too!

I read through my blog, and found some perspective.

But I also found a little inspiration.  Reading those blog posts reminded me of some websites I hadn't checked yet for this round of planning.  Websites like Paperless Post.  How could I have forgotten Paperless Post?!  Hysteria does weird things to a person.

At any rate, if you haven't clicked over to Paperless Post, go check it out.  I have always been so, very pleased with all of their beautiful invitations.  I feel such a connection - knowing that I'm not the only person out there trying to throw a polar bear party, or a Preakness (betting included) first birthday party.

invitation


Perfect, right?  Absolutely, freaking perfect.  Exactly what I wanted - and was unable to find anywhere else on the web.  Etsy, Tiny Prints, Minted, Shutterfly, Snapfish... I was getting desperate, and no one had what I wanted.  Paperless Post did - and in paper form, too!

By spending a few minutes to read through my life in blog form, I found focus - and ultimately found invitations.  Panic has subsided.  It's going to be a great birthday party.  And Gavin won't even care!