Sunday, November 15, 2009

29 Weeks!

Total weight gain/loss: Not a clue. I have an appt tomorrow...
Maternity clothes? :-)
Sleep: It's terrible. I lie awake for hours, and just get a little dozing in before sunrise. My back aches.
Best moment this week: Lulu's room is decorated! My mom made all the bedding with the cutest fabric - red stripe background (looks pink), with blue medallions with images of monkeys and giraffes. I LOVE IT! And since my mom is so talented, she painted the little scenes on one of the walls of the room! It looks amazing.
Other best moment this week: My first shower! My wonderful sister-in-law flew in from afar to host a shower in my honor with all my friends. It was at an adorable tea house the next town over. We received some really wonderful and thoughtful presents - and enjoyed delicious scones and cakes!
Another best moment this week: Hubby telling me that I need to ask for help more often. I quote: "Hun, I'm really glad you are staying so active. I don't want you to slow down, because it's good for you to keep doing things. But PLEASE, would you ask for help a little more often? It's ridiculous that you are trying to do SO much, when there are people around (me) who want to help!"
This is a big change from his usual, cavalier, you-can-do-it, self!
Movement: SOOOO active, it's nuts. And she even showed off a little for my mom (but still won't for her daddy).
Food cravings: M&M's (the Christmas ones are out!), hamburgers, milkshakes
Gender: GIRL!!!
Labor signs: No thank you!
Belly button? Getting closer to the surface...
What I miss: Bending over. It has gotten to the point where scrunching my tummy is really uncomfortable. And I'm having trouble sitting and then getting up again. And I got stuck when I thought I could squeeze through a spot and couldn't. This is all new in the last few days...
What I am looking forward to: My coworkers are giving me a shower on Tuesday! I'm very loved :-)
Weekly wisdom: Stop bending over. It's now time to ask for help - even for the silly little things.
Milestones: Lulu has a place to sleep whenever she decides to make her debut! (Hopefully not for another 8 to 11 weeks!)