Sunday, November 8, 2009

Feeling Better

I am not sure what I would do without To-Do lists. They make me sane. On the other hand, sometimes To-Do lists are exactly what triggers my outbursts of panic and insanity. I think that the three-page (typed) To-Do list, partnered with Professor Devil Incarnate are what set me off the other day.

Thankfully, I have the best Hubby in the world. Before I had even crawled out of bed yesterday morning, he was halfway through mopping the kitchen. With white tiles (not my choice), a big dog, and red clay soil, mopping is never an easy feat. And he got those tiles whiter than I have seen them in years! Must be from pouring undiluted bleach directly onto the floor... Don't worry, I hid upstairs with the windows open until the house aired out a bit!

Hubby continued his greatness by dusting the downstairs (again, dog + red clay soil = disaster), cleaning our room, bathing the dog (see above), and doing 4 loads of laundry.

I added by finally getting Lulu's room completely emptied out and vacuumed. And with that, an enormous portion of the To-Do list is done!

I still have three papers left to write. I originally had four, but I realized that the one paper doesn't have a due date (a rewrite for my programs writing requirement), and that I was being unrealistic and unfair to myself to think I could have a draft ready to take to the writing center by Wednesday. I'm going to cancel that appointment, and hold off on further drafts until I get the other three done.

Part of sanity of staying realistic.

Please remind me of this lesson in a few months when I'm trying to be Mother of the Year, and am left weeping at 4am with a crying baby.