Wednesday, March 17, 2010

A word of advice for new moms

If it's been, say, seven weeks since you last wore earrings, GO PUT THEM IN RIGHT NOW!

For the first few weeks of being a mom, I really didn't care what I looked like.  Earrings are uncomfortable to sleep/nap/doze with, so I left them off.  Earrings be damned!  It's not like anyone cared how I looked anyway, right?

For the past few weeks, I've been meaning to start wearing them again.  Maybe not every day, but I do feel just that much more dressed and complete with them in.  And besides, the only two pairs I ever wear are gorgeous and were expensive.  They deserve some wear time. 

BUT I kept forgetting to put them in.  Until this morning.  When I had to force them in.  OUCH!

So here's my word of advice.  Go put your earrings in right now.  Even if only for an hour or two.  Don't let your ears start closing like I did!!