Saturday, March 13, 2010

Go me!

I'm feeling very proud of myself.  Here's what I did yesterday:
  • Took my BIG exam - and definitely at least passed!  It's an essay test, so I won't know my results for a little while.  But the grades are Fail, Pass and High Pass.  I'd love a high pass, but I'm happy to just not fail!
  • I arranged a play date!  I met a couple other women through my prenatal yoga class.  Baby S was born the same day as Lulu (right down the hall!), and Baby J was born a few days later.  I am usually really shy and I barely know these women, so I really put myself out there to do this.  This is a big step for me!
  • I WENT TO THE GYM!  First time in almost a year.
  • I pumped a whole 5oz in one go!  I don't know about any of you other new moms, but pumping is difficult.  And there's such little guidance in the matter.  I wish someone at the hospital had asked if I was planning on pumping, and then given some tips on how and when to start.  I'm fast realizing that I should have started immediately, instead of two weeks ago.  There's no way I'll have enough pumped to send with Lulu to daycare in a few weeks.  And so far, she's not a fan of formula.  Oops!
And after everything I did yesterday, I even cooked dinner!  Go me!