Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Home again, Home again

Jiggity Jog!

Lulu went for her first plane ride last week!  She was a champ during both flights, sleeping the whole time.  You can bet your bottom that the passengers around me were skeptical at first, and happily surprised when we touched down.  Yep.  I flew with Lulu by myself.

This included driving to the airport.  Parking in a lot where I have a free pass.  Taking the bus to the airport.  Checking bags.  Navigating security  And terrifying passengers left and right.  All.  By.  Myself.

Why would I do such a thing with a 5 week old?  So she could meet her great-grandmother!  My grandmother was over the moon to be holding her first great-grandchild.  It's all she's ever wanted.  In turn, Lulu gave her great-grandmother an enormous smile.  A real one!  Not one of those content looking smirks.  Not one of those "I'm burping" grins.  And definitely not an "I'm about to wail" grimaces.  A real smile!  She was a little shy with them the next few days, but has been smiling like she was born to do it ever since.  Even I have gotten some great ones!

It is so heartwarming to see your baby smile at you :)