Monday, March 15, 2010

Play Group

My play group went really well today!  Not that the three babies ( at 5 and 6 weeks old) were really playing... but what fun for a few moms to catch up!  We got to address all the little questions we've all, as new moms, have had in the last few weeks, and see how we stack up against each other.  I know it was really helpful for me to see:

a) I'm not alone
b) I'm doing a good job
c) We all go through the same stuff
d) We're all good moms

Plus, it was a lot of fun!  I am usually a fairly shy person, so I'm really proud of myself for going out on a limb to invite the other moms over.  I met the one mom through the birth class at the hospital, and the other through the pre-natal yoga class.  We didn't know each other very well, which could have ended in disaster.  But I guess this is what truly makes someone a mom - hanging out with people you might not have anything else in common with. 

I was hoping for a 2 hour visit.  A little lunch, a little chatter.  But they stayed from 11:30 till 4:00!  I'd say that's a pretty successful play group!  I'm really glad I did this.