Monday, March 1, 2010

Post-Baby Intimacy

From what I have experienced throughout pregnancy and the first few weeks of being a mom, no one tells you anything actually relevant to being pregnant or a mom.  "Sleep now while you can," and "Sleep while the baby sleeps" are about as much information you get.  You hear that your feet swell during pregnancy, but no one tells you that your whole face swells too.  You hear that being a mom is "hard," and that "baby blues" are normal... but no one ever tells you how hard or how much you'll cry. 

And most importantly, no one tells you how much sex hurts after you're finally cleared for it!  To be fair, my mom mentioned something about it while we were watching daytime tv the week after Lulu was born.  But she kind of glossed over the topic.  (Who wants to talk about sex with their mom anyway?)  But what I don't understand is not even the doctor gave me a heads up to buy some KY.  It's all an evil conspiracy! 

On the other hand, it was really awesome to know that my husband stills thinks I'm sexy.  Wobbly tummy and all!