Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Devil Update

Well, I just couldn't do it. I picked up Devil in the White City, read a page, and put it back down. Who wants to read the true account of a serial killer? In the summer?? When pregnant and thinking about happy things???

So instead, I went out and bought Jenny McCarthy's Belly Laughs

It's a quick read, so I read about half of it last night. I'll probably finish tonight! So far, I can say that she does have a wicked sense of humor and is completely open about everything pregnancy. It's a little refreshing to know that celebrities poop (and can't poop) just the same as everyone else.

At the same time, I was hoping for something a little more heartwarming. I wish the chapters were a little longer, with a bit more depth to them. And yet, I am glad I grabbed it.

Update: The book was indeed cute. But very short and lacking in depth. I like a little meat in a book!