Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The Heat is ON! (Things you never knew about pregnancy)

Things you never knew about pregnancy:
The hot flashes are unbearable and without respite!

I cannot begin to describe how hot I am. Well, I will try. For starters, I was sick all morning at work. Dry heaving! From how hot I felt. I will add that my office consistently registers temperatures below 60*, which is by no means normal or even warm. But there I was, sitting with my trash can between my legs.

I blamed this on wearing pants and sneakers to work. I haven't worn that much clothing in months. So obviously, my increase in body temperature must be due to the socks covering my toes.

Um, no. I think I am simply suffering from pregnancy hot flashes. I am attempting to remedy the solution by sleeping in undies with the sheet only, with a fan by my side in addition to the ceiling fan we keep on high and the A/C that is whirring away.

Hubby thinks I am nuts. But he gets some brownie points: Just now I said, "I love you. Even when I'm having a psychotic break, I love you." Hubby answered, "I know." Not much, but everything I needed to hear!