Sunday, September 27, 2009

22 Weeks!

First of all, a BIG thank you to everyone who commented on my previous post. I am feeling better about my gender issues, and you all helped tremendously! I was already beginning to feel better about everything when Hubby and I had dinner with some friends last night. They have a one-year-old little girl whom I just adore. Somehow the topic of "did you think you were having a girl?" came up, and I said "No. I was convinced it was a boy." My friend replied with, "I thought the same thing. I was convinced it was a boy. And it was disappointing in a way to find out it was a girl." I almost started to cry with relief that I am not the only one to have felt this way. And for my friend to feel the same thing - and wind up with a little girl who is just the cutest and funniest thing ever - made me feel so much better!

And without further ado, the weekly update (with picture!):
Total weight gain/loss: I'll find out at my appointment tomorrow. Honestly, I think I am up over 15 pounds. And starting to be concerned with the weight gain, since I am eating hardly anything.
Maternity clothes? My online order from Old Navy arrived on Friday, and I am not looking back. I tried to apologize to Hubby for the credit card bill he's going to get soon, and he said, "Hun, you are pregnant. You need this stuff." Isn't he the best?
Sleep: Still pretty good... as long as I have my pillows in the right spots!
Best moment this week: Realizing that gender disappointment is ok, and that I'm not alone.
Movement: This is also a winner for best moment this week. Hubby felt Lulu move this morning! Her kicks have been getting stronger, so I knew he'd be able to feel something soon. Yay for this morning!!
Food cravings: Hamburgers, salad
Gender: GIRL!!! (and I actually am excited about it)
Labor signs: No thank you!
Belly button? Definitely looking weird.
What I miss: Pants with a zipper and button. I hate this maternity pants crap.
What I am looking forward to: Stew for dinner! Which means leftovers!
Weekly wisdom: My Hubby is the greatest. (still.)
Milestones: Lulu is moving and strong enough to be felt on the outside.