Monday, June 7, 2010

I was feeling better...

I got a haircut on Friday that made me feel like a new woman. Halfway through the cut, hair still sopping wet, I could tell it was going to be a great cut, and I already felt better. When the stylist finished blowing it dry, and I looked at myself in the mirror, I felt a huge surge of self esteem. Isn't it amazing how much a simple cut can do??

Then Laura's stuffy nose came back. Along with a new friend - a hacking cough. She sounds awful. I sent her to day care anyway (it's a crazy week at work...). She didn't have a fever, so I thought she'd be ok. But when I picked her up this evening, the teachers were rocking her. She had a fever, and they hadn't been able to put her down without tears all afternoon. This stupid cold has been going on since early May. That's over a month of stuffy noses, goopy eyes, coughing and fevers!

If there's any sort of silver lining it's this: I cried the whole drive home from day care listening to her cough. I cried, because I felt bad for my poor baby. Empathy is a good sign, right?