Friday, August 27, 2010

Mr. Sandman definitely forgot Laura

Laura cried all night.  Ok, maybe not all night, but for at least two hours starting around 3:30.  And since we're trying the cry it out thing (which usually works for us!!), we let Laura cry for a good 45 minutes. 

After 45 minutes, Laura was not calming down and was only getting more frantic.  So I quietly went into her room, rubbed her back and picked her up.  She stopped crying almost immediately.  I held her a little longer till I felt her breath slow to a sleepy rate, and then I put her down.

And that's when I saw what had been causing all the problems: her pajamas were so small, she couldn't stretch her legs out. 

Seriously!  She outgrew her pajamas overnight.  So I unsnapped the bottoms and took her legs out of the little panda feet.  Laura immediately stretched out, and I thought we were in the clear.  So I went back to bed.  And Laura started crying again.  Twenty more minutes of crying, and then Hubby gave in.  He changed her diaper.  She was still crying.  So he made her a bottle - which he let her drink in our bed

I'm not usually a fan of "co-sleeping" beyond some snuggles in the morning.  But at this point, it was 5am and I was too tired to argue.  And frankly, a little cuddle time didn't sound so bad.  So it was that Laura fell asleep nuzzled against my side five minutes before my alarm went off.  I was so tired, I didn't even hit the snooze button.  I turned the damn thing off entirely, and fell back asleep with my little punkin bunny tucked into my side.

So I slept in.  Which was fine, because that happens and I roll with it.  I managed to get out to my car in time to begin my morning commute. 

And that's when I found out that my car wouldn't start.