Friday, August 20, 2010

Working for the Weekend

I didn't blog yesterday.  Because I wanted my "first" post on the redecorated blog to be something special.  And all of a sudden it was time for bed and nothing special enough had happened to write about.  So now it's Friday.  And Friday's are pretty special in their own right.  I mean, seriously - it's Friday!  The weekend is nigh!  Weekends, which I love and abhor.

Abhor, you say?  Yes.  Abhor.  Because there is no daycare.  Because there is no routine.  Because it's just me, Hubby and Laura (and Girly) staring at each other, trying to figure out what comes next. 

For example: Laura's crying.  Is she hungry?  I don't know.  She's not wet.  Except maybe she is and I just can't tell.  Maybe she's tired!  Nope, not tired.  Bored?  She doesn't really seem to want to play.  I KNOW!  I'll plop her in front of Nick Jr!  She'll love watching tv!  Wrong.Again.  Back to hungry.  Ah yes.  She did want that bott---FALSE!

And so it goes.  All day long.  I'll ask Hubby, "what do you think she wants?"  To which he responds, "I don't know, you're the mom."  "Ok, yes, but I don't know her routine any better than you do."

But as frustrated as I can get, weekends also mean lazy mornings.  They mean time with family.  They mean eating dinner together - sometimes at the table!  Weekends mean laughter.  Weekends mean love.  So maybe I don't abhor weekends after all.