Friday, December 14, 2012

I'm a Little Pine Tree

Laura made her stage debut on Wednesday as a Pine Tree at her school's annual Christmas Program.  She had one of the "bigger roles," as she was on stage (with her best friend, of course!) for the entire two verses of "I'm a Little Pine Tree."  While every child was on stage at some point during the program, most were only up to deliver a brief line between songs.  So pictures, of course:

Laura, the cutest pine tree ever! (Laura's on the left, and the tree on the right is pretty darn cute, as well!)


So proud of herself (as she should be), after the show!



I gotta be honest, I was not expecting much from this show.  Forty kids aged 2 through 5, singing fifteen songs?  It sounded sorta... awful.  I was completely surprised by the great job the kids (and teachers) did in creating a wonderfully, hilariously adorable Christmas program.  A show where every child was proud of her role.  A show where, ok yeah, the singing was off-key at best, but the kids had SO MUCH FUN!  A show with absolutely priceless costumes... So much proud laughter from the friends and family in the (enormous) audience.  I am so excited for next year!