Monday, December 31, 2012

2013 Resolutions

For 2011 and 2012, I wrote down some adjectives as goals.  One-word phrases that I hope to achieve in the coming years.  Sometimes I have had great success in achieving those words, and sometimes I've had less success.  In all, adjective goals worked really well for me. 

Survive: I'm still here, so I survived!  I am a few weeks shy of being finished with the Terrible Twos (bring on the thrilling threes!  I hear they're worse... oh lord help me...).  I'm a mom to two, and I think I'm doing pretty well.  Laura's in a big girl bed, and has been wearing big girl undies at night for a few weeks now... only a few accidents!

Travel: We made it to Cape Cod, Seattle, The Bahamas, Tennessee, and a few trips to both sets of grandparents.  With two kids.  In our fabulous minivan!  I'm a total minivan convert.  I had my MIL's station wagon the other day and actually missed my Odyssey.  WOAH.

Sexy: Gavin did a number on my still-pregnant body; I did not feel sexy for any part of 2012 that I was still pregnany.  But that being said, I think I bounced back pretty well.  I feel confident in my body and clothes more days than I don't.  I still have some work to do, but... I'll take it.

So that's 2012 for you.  Adjectives that I mostly lived up to.  I'm not doing adjectives this year.  This year I have real goals.

1) Run the Cherry Blossom 10-miler.  I was not expecting to get a number when I signed up for that lottery.  But I did get a number, so I will be running in a 10-mile race on April 7th.  Which means I need to lace up my sneakers and hit the trails!  I'm hoping that the race will be incentive to really get into shape and lose the baby weight I've had since (before) Laura. 

2) Buy a new house.  Nate and I are seriously talking about our next house, where it will be and when we can buy it.  We have a few things to do with our current house before we can buy another, but we're already making those steps.  It's something I hope will happen in 2013, but I guess I'll survive if it takes a little longer.

3) Finish this huge thing at work!!  It wouldn't be very "anonymous" of me to say which project or where I work, but... it's a really big deal and we're set to be finished in September.  There's a lot to be done, and who knows if the contractors will finish on time, but we have a donor counting on the September date!! 

There are some other goals for this year, too... but I think three is enough!  I hope everyone has a fun and safe evening.  See you next year!