Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Frozen

I'm sitting in my chilly dining room, watching the gray rain drip, drip, drop from the dreary sky.  I'd turn the heat up, but that costs money and we're trying to save when and where we can.

So of course, I drove to the store and picked up the soundtrack to Frozen.  Because I won't spend money on heat (that's what blankies and sweaters are for, right?) but I'll drop $13 on a CD.  I couldn't help it.  The songs have been running through my head since Sunday, when Laura and I saw the movie for a second time.

I have now spent $40 in movie tickets, $20 in water and popcorn, and $13 for the soundtrack.  That doesn't count the $20 Nate spent on the Princess Anna dress-up dress Laura received Christmas morning, or the $15 in Frozen storybooks I left under the tree.  And it doesn't count the $20 I will spend the minute the DVD is released.  Because yes, we absolutely must own this movie.

For a family keeping the heat at a mere 62* during the day (lower at night!), that's a lot of money to spend on one movie.  But I absolutely can't imagine having not spent the money.  The experience of going to the theatre with Laura - twice! - has been worth every penny.  It's been so special for me to hang out with my little princess, just the two of us, for a couple hours at a time before the new baby arrives.  And what better movie than Frozen??  It's just so cute and fun and sing-along-able!  Laura and I just look at each other and say "My name is Olaf, I like warm hugs" and just dissolve into pools of laughter.

So maybe our house is a little chilly, but our hearts are warm and filled with love.  For as you know, only love can thaw a frozen heart.

Clearly I have received no compensation for anything in this post... But if anyone wants to comp me anything, go right ahead!