Thursday, January 2, 2014

Resolution, Revised

On December 30th, I said my goal for 2014 would be to survive.  Survive L&D with the new baby, survive life back home with three children aged four and under.  Survive whatever the hell we're doing living in one house while trying to sell another... 

But as we toasted champagne in the driveway while watching the neighbor's (impressive) fireworks display at midnight, Nate informed me that "survive" was just so negative a resolution and why couldn't my resolution be something more positive?  Indeed, why couldn't I as a person just be a little more positive?

So that's it.  Right there.  2014 is a challenge to see things in a more positive light.  And maybe, perhaps, to smile a little bit more.  It's fitting anyway, to be more positive.  I have a lot to be happy about, even with the stress of the house not selling.

It's the second day of the new year, and I am welcoming positivity into my life, in anticipation of the sweet bundle of joy headed my way in the next few weeks.