Monday, December 28, 2009

35 Weeks!

Total weight gain/loss: Probably around 30, but I don't care anymore.
Maternity clothes? Still struggling to get shirts to cover me.
Sleep: I love Benadryl. I have a very stuffy nose, especially at night. Don't hate.
Best moment this week: CHRISTMAS!!! Spending time with in-laws without wanting to scream and having my family down for a few days!
Movement: A LOT.
Food cravings: I really wanted Brigham's Chocolate Chip ice cream this week... and my awesome parents found a way to get it to me!
Gender: GIRL!!!
Labor signs: Definitely feeling some contractions (not real ones), and the pelvis is still spreading to make room.
Belly button? I think it's finally out! I have a weird button...
What I miss: Sitting comfortably for a full day.
Weekly wisdom: For maximum comfort, move around and then sit and then move around and then sit, etc.
Milestones: I had a Christmas Revelation this year. OMG - I am a mommy and an adult. I received a new dryer, a new garage door, and removal of some oversize junk for Christmas. And I could not have been more excited! I also looked in the mirror last night and realized that the (really cute) haircut I got on Monday is totally a "Mom" haircut. I think this is what being a grown-up feels like... Weird!

I also realized that December 25th is just an arbitrary day on which to celebrate Christmas. This was my first Christmas away from "home" (my parent's), and I was really upset about it for a while. Until the 25th came and went, and everything felt ok. Hubby and I had Christmas Eve and Christmas at his parent's house. My family came down the next day to our house (I can't do the drive right now... too long...). While it was weird going a whole December without seeing my mom's decorations, we still got to spend time with our families. And I realized that the actual DAY of Christmas doesn't matter - it's the ability to see loved ones, in whatever way, on whatever day that really matters!

This realization added to my feeling of adultness.