Wednesday, December 30, 2009

A year in review

What an eventful year! Here's a little recap:

In January, we rang in the new year full of hope.
Hope that our beloved sports teams would play well.
Hope that we would survive another school year.
Hope that the mortgage industry would rally.
Hope that our newly-made plans to start a family would bring only happiness...

In February, I went on a whirlwind European adventure with my mom and sister.
How funny to wander the streets of Europe, looking at tiny little baby clothes (so much better than anything in America) without buying a single thing. Because I didn't want to jinx our plans to begin trying.

In March, we visited Hubby's family for a baby shower. And just smiled to ourselves thinking that with any luck, we would be next.

In April, my baby fever was out of control... so I started this blog! Thanks for reading! In the midst of finals, I took my first pregnancy test. And while it was negative, I could not have been more excited about the process we were just beginning.

In May, we received the happiest news of all. A positive pregnancy test! Hubby and I still cannot how incredibly lucky we are to have created our little Lulu so quickly. I read blogs of couples that have been trying for years, and my heart goes out to them. Just as I am elated to hear of the positive pregnancy test results for every one of them!

In June, our pregnancy was confirmed with ultrasounds. I was in the full swing of first trimester grossness - although I even got lucky here! A little queasiness, but no puking!

By July, I was into my second trimester and finished with summer classes. Hubby and I celebrated our second wedding anniversary by making our happy news public.

In August, Hubby and I were able to visit my family twice! And even though August was on its way out... we learned that our little friend is a girl! Break out the pink, because Lulu is coming to town!

By September, I was back at school and rocking my pregnancy. I suffered a little tinge of jealousy with the birth of our best friends' little boy. And while I was able to get over it (and am soooo excited for my little girl!!), I also learned that my feelings were perfectly normal. And did I mention that we got to meet our best friends' little boy?! It's been quite the year for babies in our little group of friends!

In October, I finally found comfy maternity pants. And just in time for a long weekend with friends! We also began seeing Lulu's little kicks, both creepy and spectacular! Hubby and I could truly begin to appreciate the life growing in my tummy looking at those little wobbles and rolls.

In November, I was honored with THREE baby showers! And while I just realized that I never posted about the third, they were all incredibly special. Hubby, Lulu and I truly have the most wonderful friends and family. We also got to eat a lot of turkey and other yumminess in November - hooray for the kick-off of the holidays!

In December, I suddenly realized that they tell you to slow down for a reason! I truly began to understand that late-pregnancy discomfort - shortness of breath, weird little cramps, fatigue... and internal exams! But, Hubby and I still feel as though this has been a dream pregnancy. I have had only minor discomforts, and minimal emotional break-downs!

And here we are in the final days of 2009. Looking back, this was definitely a baby-themed year from the start. We've come so far from the first tugs at my heart of baby fever. I look at Hubby everyday, and am even more in love with him. He has simply astounded me with his tenderness during the past nine months. And now that we have January 2010 in our sights, I am even more excited for what our future will bring. Miss Lulu, you are already so much a part of our lives. I can't wait to meet you!

And blog friends? Thank you for reading all year!