Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Let me just reach right on up in there...

Yowee!

I had my first internal exam today... I guess "they" do tell you that the internals are uncomfortable. But I figured it would be like PAP smear uncomfortable.

I was wrong. At an internal exam, the doctor spreads your legs, and shoves a begloved hand up in there. To this point, it feels PAP-like. Uncomfortable, but fine. BUT THEN. The doctor just keeps on going! I had no idea a hand could go that far.

Or that the sensation would be so... surprising. And painful!

After one look at my face when the doctor hit that "magic spot" Hubby said, "Ha! I don't think she's dilated!" The doctor responded, "Nope!"

So there you have it. I am 0 cm dilated, 0% effaced. I have had only the mildest contraction type Braxton-Hicks. Lulu is going to take her time coming out!