Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Decorating: I needz it

Help!  Oh fellow adults out there on the interwebs!  My house is a veritable batchelor pad.  Possibly worse.  I go through phases where I don't care, beacuse it's just a sofa.  But that is NOT the phase I am in now.

Right now, I am in the "Oh my god, I'm so embarrassed!" phase.  And just like my house, it ain't pretty.

Let's start with the entry.  It's mother-F'ing crayola BLUE.  A shit ton of blue.  Like, a can of blue paint threw up on my walls.  And that's about as well as the paint is applied too.  Hubby (ahem) loves the color, because it's "bright."  Oh.  It's bright alright!  Furthermore, we will need to hire professional painters with fancy stair-friendly ladders to fix the disaster.  Pay money AND change the color?  Hubby won't be happy.

There's not much that we can do to the kitchen without completely renovating the space.  So we'll skip that diatribe.  And the dining room is actually sort of grown-up looking and furnished and stuff.

So that brings us into the family room.  The family room from hell.  I LOVE the color of the walls, and this was our best paint job yet.  But that's where it ends.  Is that a forest green, leather, recliner couch with a chunk of it missing from when Girly ate it 5 years ago?  Why yes!  Yes it is!  And a 62" rear projection TV that takes up half the room?  With bobble-heads for decorations?!  Correct again!  And what a lovely pine green area rug from Home Depot!  
And if you are about to question the difference between forest and pine greens?  Buy a big box of Crayolas and check them out.  They are VERY different.  And do not match in the least.

I don't even know where to begin.  How do grown-ups do it??