Tuesday, October 19, 2010

I lied.

A few days ago, I said that I hate Hubby's job.  That's a lie.  I actually really love what Hubby does.  Hubby was forced into a career move in July 2009.  I briefly mentioned it in this blog post, without getting very specific.  Hubby and I both spent a lot of time thinking and discussing the merits of this career move.  And we both decided it was for the best.

And I do not for one second regret the decision we made together.  In the eight and a half years I have known him, I have never seen Hubby this happy.  Hubby's new career is absolutely where he belongs.

With all that said, however, I can honestly say that I had no idea going into this new career how much work it would be for ME!  Honestly, why would I ever think that Hubby's full-time job would also become my full-time job?  I mean, he mentioned something about "basically starting a company" and that we would need to "invest some time and money" in this new company, but somehow that went in one ear and out the other.

What I heard?  Was that Hubby was joining a large, national company with a wonderful history and reputation as one of their agents.

I saw company support.  I saw management opportunities.  I saw a future for us.

And all of this is still true!  It's just a bit of a bumpier road than I had foreseen.  And a lot more work.  Even as I type, I am working on a tedious scanning project for my own job while filling out postcards for Hubby's.  And when I get home, I'll put on my other full-time hat as Mom, while juggling my fourth full-time hat as Wife. 

While all of my jobs come with benefits, only the one comes with a paycheck!