Thursday, May 19, 2011

And here I am, talking about basil!

Can you believe it?  I'm worried about a stupid basil plant when THE WORLD IS ABOUT TO END?!  Where are my priorities!!

Source: Roberto Schmidt/Getty Images
You know what?  If the world is about to end, I'd rather not know about it.  Like, if the End is a surprise party maybe there will be cupcakes or something.  And if there aren't any cupcakes, I'd rather not waste time fretting about it.  Indeed, I'd rather spend that time finding and eating cupcakes.  Which is ironic, because I really shouldn't be eating cupcakes at all, because I'm trying to lose weight and all.

Nate, Laura and I are planning to attend our friend's 1st birthday party on Saturday.  The party is at her mom and dad's (duh) and is a pool party.  So I'll be squeezing into the new bathing suit I bought myself last night at Marshalls.  Which means I really, really shouldn't have cupcakes that might be lying around.  Or that coffee cake from Starbucks this morning.  Or the venti latte (that was at least a skinny!). 

On the other hand, if the world ends mid-party on Saturday, no one will care how lumpy I look in that bathing suit.  So in other words: bring on the cupcakes!