Saturday, May 14, 2011

Happy Mother's Week!

Friends, I never had a chance to tell you how awesome my 2nd Mother's Day was.  It was awesome.  It started last Saturday, and has continued through this whole week.

Saturday: I spent the day with Laura and some friends in DC, while Nate had to work.  When I got home (after a really fun day), there was a BRAND NEW iPhone 4 waiting for me!  In a hot pink case!  I will admit, I had been pretty bratty in wanting a new iPhone so much.  And I just couldn't settle for the 3GS - if Nate could have a 4, I wanted a 4 too!  And now I have one.

Sunday: Nate wanted to make buy me breakfast.  But at Noon when we still hadn't moved in that direction, we decided to get some lunch.  McDonalds.  Because sometimes you just need a chocolate milkshake.  But it was such a nice day, we decided to walk.  It was such a lovely walk!  We took the long way home, and our walk turned out to take about an hour and a half.  It was perfect.

Monday through Wednesday: I got to play with and show off my new phone!  And Nate was just generally in a great mood.  And he, er, made me feel pretty sexy on several occasions.  We spent hours after work on the porch, just enjoying the fine weather and each other.

Thursday: I had a freaking fantastic workout.  I ran 3.1 miles (a 5k!) in exactly 30 minutes on the treadmill.  Then proceeded to have a kick-ass abs workout.  I felt strong and energetic all day.

Friday: Oh, Friday! As if Fridays aren't just awesome on their own. I got home Friday to a five-bottle wine tasting with Nate and my mother-in-law.  We drank pretty much all five bottles.  And rocked out to Little Richard singing "Itsy Bitsy Spider." And then, during #wineparty, Nate outdid himself.  He kept my wine glass full.  He brought me dishes of ice cream - that I didn't even request!  When my laptop freaked out, he brought me his.  After I signed off #wineparty, Nate and I stayed up talking about our hopes and dreams and plans and goals till 1am. 

Today is Saturday again.  I'm at work for a few hours to bank some extra vacation time.  Nate is home with Laura - they had big plans for the day.  I am at work for a few hours, contemplating the wonderful week I've just had.  This past week, I felt like I got my husband back from a dark place.  Nate was once again the fun, happy guy I married nearly four years ago.  This was a wonderful week.