Monday, May 2, 2011

Bless Our Troops

I keep a running list of blog post ideas on my phone. I don't really like hen-pecking my way through the notepad on the iPhone, but I always have my phone with me. Even late at night, as I lay awake in bed, I can quickly peck out a quick note of what I wanted to write about. I had planned to get to at least one of those today. But something came up.

I went to bed around 10 pm last night, like I usually do. I was all snuggled in, with crisp, clean sheets on the bed (my favorite part of the week!). I was just getting to that wonderful dozy part of sleep, where I know I'll be completely out in just a few minutes, when I heard Nate bound up the stairs. I expected to hear the electric toothbrush start whirring. Instead, I was startled by the door flying open.

It has to be something really important for Nate to risk the wrath of the sleepy Cait. And it was.

"Come downstairs. It's all over the news: Bin Laden is dead."
"WHAT?!"
"Yeah, we got him."

I flew downstairs, never so happy to have been dragged out of bed in my life. I tried to stay up to hear the President speak, but as 11:00 came and went, my eyes started to droop and I pictured the alarm clock going off far too soon.

So I don't know all of the details. What I do know is that we are blessed to be protected by our military. All the men and women who sacrifice themselves and their families in the name of service. God bless our troops, and God bless the USA!