Monday, May 16, 2011

Post-Lent Crash

A few weeks ago, I blogged about how Lent changed my life before.  I became a super mom for forty days and nights; cleaning my house, playing with my daughter and cooking dinner every night.  I said "I can't imagine going back to the way things were before."

That was a few weeks ago. 

I spent the entire past week throwing together random ingredients and calling it "dinner."  I sat on my ass most of the weekend, watching TV and whining to myself (since no one would listen) about all the housework that needs to be done.  I had moments where Laura was driving me nuts - the phrase I sought to abolish from my vocabulary over Lent.  So clearly, things went back to the way they were before.

Which is ridiculous.  There is no reason I can't come up with a weekly grocery list and meal plan.  There is no reason I should have sugar ants trekking across my kitchen.  There is no reason for me to become so continually frustrated with a toddler.  So today, Monday, I'm going back into Lent mode.