Friday, December 2, 2011

Christmas Survey

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?  Both!  At the same time!  I love making hot chocolate (Swiss Miss, of course), and adding a little egg nog to top it off.  Try it – it’s delicious! 

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?  Santa presents are unwrapped.  That man does not have enough time to wrap and label presents for every child!  He's a visual guy, and all about the delivery!

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?  Both on the tree, colored on the house.  I grew up with white on the house, but colored fits our family (and style of home) so  much better!

4. Do you hang mistletoe?  Nope.  I don't need excuses to kiss my hubby!

5. When do you put your decorations up?  Growing up, it was the day after Thanksgiving, and not a moment too soon.  But since my family is usually on the road for Thanksgiving, we wait till the minute we are home and able.

6. What is your favorite Christmas dish?  Breakfast Casserole on Christmas morning is up there!  I never enjoyed the goose my father cooked for dinner, but everything else was always delicious.

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child?  So many!  We always had the happiest Christmases.  I think one of my most poignant memories was visiting my great-grandmother for the last time, Christmas afternoon 1995.  I played Christmas carols on her gorgeous Steinway baby grand piano while she laid in the hospital bed across the room.  She had trouble speaking at that point, but I knew she loved hearing her beloved piano one last time.  She died the next day, at age 98.  Not my favorite memory, but certainly one I keep close to my heart.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?  What truth?  That he definitely exists?  Because he does.  Santa is very real.  He is in the hearts of every one of us, inspiring us to give.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?  I wish!  But we do always have Chinese on Christmas Eve, so I get to open a fortune cookie?

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?  Our tree is a loving hodge podge of ornaments.  We have glass, sterling silver, wood, handmade in preschool... it's fantastic!

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?  Love it!  Till it turns slushy and brown.  But I never dread it!

12. Can you ice skate?  I wish I could.  I could probably make it around the rink once or twice, but it wouldn't be pretty!

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?  Sophia Tutu, my rocking horse, at age 2 was pretty fantastic.  I also loved (finally) getting a Samantha doll after years of begging.  Getting contacts for Christmas in 9th grade was amazing too!  Opening the white box Nate handed to me and seeing diamond earrings... I swoon.

14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you?  Being with loved one - family and friends.  Sharing the happiness of the season.  Dressing up with smiles and laughter for holiday parties.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?  Christmas cookies!  I always looked forward to rolling them out with my dad, pressing the cookie cutters into the dough, sneaking bites of the dough, smelling the cookies bake...

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?  Baking cookies!  No, wait!  Making gingerbread houses!  No, wait!  Chinese food on Christmas Eve!  No, wait!  Watching Christmas movies with my family!

17. What tops your tree?   A cheesy star for now.  Someday, I'll find something I like better, but it works in the meantime.

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving?  Receiving.  Partly because I am a little greedy, but also because I love to see what the giver thought I would enjoy the most.  I love giving too, but not as much as receiving!

19. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum?  Yum for two bites, and then I get sticky and bored.

20. Favorite Christmas show?  Mickey's A Christmas Carol!  I have watched it so many times, from age2 on up.  I got it on DVD last year!  I also love Miracle on 34th Street - both versions.

21. Saddest Christmas Song?  I don't understand the point of sad Christmas songs.  Like, what's the point of “Christmas Shoes” where the kid buys the shoes for his mom and she dies.  How is that’s Christmas-y?  It does nothing for me!  Give me traditional Church Christmas carols any day! 

22. What is your favorite Christmas song?  I love the traditional carols.  "I Saw Three Ships" or "The Holly and the Ivy" or "I Heard the Bells" or "Past Three o'Clock" or "Ding Dong Merrily on High" or... well, the list goes on!!

What are your Christmas Favorites? Link a post with your answers below!

Powered by Linky Tools

Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list...