Friday, June 26, 2009

ARRGH!

I am so mad. Well, I've calmed down a little, since it happened yesterday... but still.

My brother-in-law announced on facebook that he was going to be an uncle. Hubby and I had asked him to PLEASE not put anything up on FB until we did. We're still telling important people, and don't want them finding out through someone being stupid on a social networking site!

Plus. IT'S OUR NEWS TO TELL! Not his.

Hubby tried to smooth it over with me, "He's just had such a bad run of it, and has so little to get excited about. C'mon, it's not that big a deal."

Well, it is a big deal. We had decided to tell the important people first (ahem, all of Hubby's extended family when we see them NEXT week), and then broadcast it to the world through FB and whatever.

Plan. Ruined. Hubby had to call all of his aunts and uncles last night to let them know personally.

So here's my question: Why can't people wait to put stuff in public places until they know that they have the all clear? I mean, if our news were FB fodder, don't people think that WE would have had it up there??