Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Well, well. Some people can still surprise me!

You know how sometimes you have those friends that just are sucky friends? They never call or email. They never RETURN calls or emails. They don't even text. So despite your best efforts to keep up the friendship, you just feel like dumping them. It's not like you ever see or hear from them anyway, right? I have one of those friends.

To be fair, she just had her first baby, and I know she's busy. But she sucked as a friend looooong before the baby. And looooong before her wedding. She just doesn't make the reciprocal effort! And it's obnoxious! Well, wasn't I in for the surprise of the week.

I just had an email - a lovely email - from this very girl. It was such a heartfelt email, that's had me smiling all afternoon. It doesn't even matter what she was emailing about. The fact is that she did email me! That her email was full of support from one new mom to another soon-to-be mom made it even better. I am just filled with warmth knowing that I still have a friend out there.