Monday, June 29, 2009

Human Again?

This weekend, I felt... HUMAN! I was actually hungry for real food. So I gave real food a try. Saturday I had some chicken salad. It was not as tasty as the chicken salad on Wednesday, but ok. And most importantly, the baby didn't hate it!

That evening, dismayed by the prospect of yet another grilled cheese or some sort of potato dish, I attempted a hamburger. Yes, I know. A hamburger is kind of a big jump for someone who hasn't had any sort of protein in weeks. But it just sounded so good. AND IT WAS. And the baby didn't hate me too much for it.

Hubby, Girly and I went to a BBQ pool party at our friends' house. A few other couples and several other dogs were there. Hubby tortured Girly by getting her in the pool a few times. By all accounts, she should be a water dog. Her breed is meant to get in the water! And, it so happens, Girly is a fine swimmer. However, she is absolutely terrified of water! She'll take baths without too much fuss. But try to get her in a stream or pool, and you'll have the scratch marks to show for it! The other dogs, all tiny, had no such trauma. They were in and out of the water all afternoon. But my Girly spent the whole time hiding between my legs, sitting on my lap (a mere 50 lbs), or fleeing her daddy's clutches. Wimp!

As far as I am concerned though, I looked fantastic in my new (one piece) bathing suit. And I had another hamburger - this time with ketchup! - that tasted just fine. It was the ice cream for dessert that did me in. Can you believe it? I was able to eat ice cream!!