Monday, April 26, 2010

Blogs I Love

This post is why I love reading The Heir to Blair

Blair is so incredibly honest.  About everything.  I am amazed every day by her willingness to let thousands of strangers into her life, home and heart.  Blair is often hilarious, but also talks, really talks about the serious issues that affect all of us as women.

Today, she posted about infertility.  I was one of the lucky few who conceived, carried, and delivered with ease, but I still feel that talking about infertility is so important.  There are too many families suffering in silence.  Too many families that deserve a healthy baby to love.  But maybe if we just talk about it, infertility will cease to be such a taboo subject. 

Blair is doing it right.  She's talking about infertility.  She's talking about post-partum depression.  She's talking about colic.  She's also talking about family values and love. 

I was inspired to start my blog one year ago, having read and enjoyed Blair's so much.  I just hope that I can, in some small way, live up to what Blair is doing for women.