Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Day Care, part III

I got a very warm fuzzy feeling when I dropped Lulu off at day care this morning.  We were greeted at the door by the director who said, "Hi Dimples!"  Not only does the entire staff already remember Lulu after 2 days, they have given her a (very fitting) nickname!  And then when we walked into Lulu's classroom, the teacher looked up and said, "My buddy's here!" 

The whole day care debacle was incredibly stressful.  It really sucks to have something all lined up and ready to go, and then have to run around at the last minute to find something else.  On the other hand, I firmly believe that everything happens for a reason.  I am not an extraordinarily religious person.  I have had my misgivings about Church (I'm Catholic...)  But I have always felt that God exists, in some form.  I know this is only the third day Lulu's been at day care, but I hope my feeling that this truly was where she was meant to be during the day isn't premature! 

So far, I have been really impressed with the teachers and staff.  They are all so loving.  Lulu is exhausted when she gets home at night, but she really seems happy.  And I'm sure that all the stimulation of new people, other babies, and better toys are enough to make any baby tired.  I am hoping that once she gets used to everything, she'll be able to stay awake a little later than 7:30 - since we don't get home till after 6:00!