Monday, April 5, 2010

Firsts!

We had a big day!

For starters, Lulu went to the zoo for the first time. My dad was down for the day and we wanted to take advantage of the beautiful weather. We packed Lulu up and drove to the Maryland Zoo. The animals were all out in full force. Lulu seemed to enjoy her stroll, although she was fairly unimpressed by the actual animals! When I asked her what the elephants say, she made the exact right sound. I was very impressed (and quickly realized she was hungry).
After the zoo, Gramps, Lulu and I enjoyed the late afternoon sun on the porch. I started playing with Lulu's cute little toes - and she started laughing! A real laugh! It was such a surprise to hear her sweet little laugh. I tried to get it on camera, but was not sucessful. Like her smiles, Lulu is very stingy with her laughter. I hope we hear it again soon!
Later this evening, I gave Lulu a bath. It was such a hot day, I thought it would be a relaxing way to end the day. Lulu has always enjoyed her baths, but today was special. Today, she kicked her feet a little. The splash surprised her, but she kicked again. She kept splashing, getting this shocked look on her face, then smiling! She got the idea after a few kicks, and started kicking and splashing up a storm! No laughter, but she was all smiles! I had just as much fun splashing the water as she did.
What a special, fun day!