Friday, April 2, 2010

Day Care Nightmare

Hubby, Lulu and I are incredibly lucky.  We have the most supportive families.  Hubby's mom was already going to be driving over an hour each direction twice a week to help watch Lulu (to save on day care costs).  Now, she and his sister are offering to make the drive three days a week.  My mom has offered to FLY down every other week.  Honestly, my mom's airfare is less expensive than day care!

The place we were referred to can either take Lulu full time or two days a week.  So at this point, I think we'll sign her up for two days a week, and cover the other three days between our mom's, sisters, and days working from home (did I mention how supportive our jobs are?).  This will give us at least a little more time to find something permanent.  Whether that is full-time day care, a nanny, or what.  At the same time, I am still actively researching day cares.  I just don't want to get stuck with nothing when I go back to work!

And who knows, maybe this short-term solution will work out in the long run?