Monday, July 19, 2010

Because where are we without friends?

One of my dear friends gave birth to her son three week ago. He was 5 weeks early, and spent a week in NICU. He's home now, and doing really well. My friend sent an email to me this afternoon, and it brought tears to my eyes:

I hope I haven't shared to much personal information but, I've learned that being open and honest, especially with close friends, is very helpful. It seems to make it easier to just put it out there and learn other people's experiences as well. It makes me feel not so alone. I appreciate how open and honest you've been with me....I learned to an extent what to expect from the whole experience and I can't thank you enough for that.

If I have learned nothing else in the past 5 1/2 months, it's I need friends now more than ever. Openness and honesty are the only things that can get me through this. I don't know where I would be right now without Hubby, my mom, my mother-in-law (never thought I'd say that!), this blog, and my friends. So thank you. From the bottom of my heart. And now that I hope I can return the favor someday.