Thursday, February 10, 2011

Buyer's Remorse

Yesterday was an extreme case of Buyer's Remorse for me.  I typed up a blog post.  Saved it.  Reread it.  Saved it.  Read it again.  And then finally hit the publish button.

I immediately felt torn.  Should I have published the post?  Should I have just kept it to myself?

The first few comments made me feel proud of taking the risk and publishing my true and honest opinions on my blog.  And then I got some comments that made me wretched and heartsick and physically nauseous.  I should have kept that post to myself.  I shouldn't have hit publish.  We're all just moms doing our best to survive, so why would I add fuel to a fire of controversy?

Then I got angry.  Really angry.  It's MY BLOG.  Who cares what anyone else thinks?  I don't blog for anyone but myself.  I do love readers and comments, but in the end this is for me.  Did I get some hurrahs from readers?  Great!  Did I possibly alienate myself from some others?  Maybe.  In the end, it doesn't matter.  This is my blog to say what I want. 

I stand by everything I said yesterday.  I am tired of hearing about all these different trendy-super-mommy-methodologies.  In the end, we are all parents.  So what does it matter how we get there?  I'm not even sorry if I pissed you off.  I respect your opinions, you can respect mine in return.  No one is forcing you to read. 

All that said, I leave you with a cute picture as a peace offering:
Sorry for the blur - it's hard to catch that scrunchy smile in action!