Wednesday, February 23, 2011

What Friends Are For

Maryland got hit by snow - again - late Monday night and into Tuesday morning.  And since Baltimore County has no idea what to do when it snows, they cancelled school - again.  Which meant Laura's day care would also be closed for the day.  Which meant I would have to take yet another day off from work, after missing three days last week to the plague.
Friends Forever!
But I was able to go to work after all!  Did I leave the dog in charge of the baby while I was away?  Nope!  I was able to leave Laura with a dear friend, whose 7-month-old son is the same size as my peanut of a daughter.  Laura had a day-long playdate, while I went to work worry-free.  And even better?  My friend documented the day in photographs for me! 

I am so thankful to have so many great friends right near us that I can count on in a pinch.  I would do the same for them in a heartbeat if called upon!  That's what friends are for.