Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

So despite the conversation I had with Nate over the weekend, I really do love Valentine's Day.  Every year, I dress in something pink or red.  I make sure to actually put in some effort that morning to look cute.  This year, I got to dress Laura up for school.  She went off in cupcake leggings, a pink undershirt, and a darker pink dress.  She looked super festive (even with the remnants of sleep creased across her little face).  When I get home this evening, I'll try to cook a nice meal for Nate and I to enjoy when he gets home from work.

For me though, the best part of Valentine's Day is making handmade Valentines for the people I love.  This year, Laura "made" them for everyone.  I cut out heart shapes from construction paper, glued on a picture of Laura, decorated with stickers and stampers, and wrote "BE MINE!" on each.  Ok, so Laura didn't actually make any of them.  But each time I sat down at the table to work on them, Laura tried her best to grab the scissors, glue, stickers, photos, paper, and markers.  She did whatever she could to interfere! 

Which is why I wound up making them during naptime.  Maybe Laura will be a better helper next year.