Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Tea Time

I've been getting frustrated a lot lately.  Frustrated with co-workers.  Frustrated with Hubby.  Frustrated with my wardrobe.  Frustrated with the dog.  Frustrated with the weather (is it warming up, or still winter?!).  Frustrated with Laura.  Frustrated with myself.  I don't like feeling this way, by any means.  I just feel so overwhelmed that my only response is to get huffy and frustrated with everyone and everything around me. 

So I think maybe I need to take more breaks.  I need to stop what I'm doing and take a deep breath.  I can't be perfect all the time.  I'm never going to look perfect, and I don't need to.  I'm never going to be the perfect friend, wife or mother, so I should stop trying to be.  I need to stop every now and then, and refocus my life.  I need to stop more often.  I need to drink more tea.

There is no trouble so great or grave that cannot be much diminished by a nice cup of tea.
~Bernard-Paul Heroux

Tea does our fancy aid,
Repress those vapours which the head invade
And keeps that palace of the soul serene.
~Edmund Waller, "Of Tea"

Quotes Courtesy QuoteGarden